Business & Corporate Law
The title "Business Law" covers a lot of ground, and so do we. Whether your business is large or small or somewhere in between, our experienced team of lawyers and law clerks can provide you with a broad range of legal services covering all the stages of your business growth: from start-up to sale or dissolution.
We are committed to providing solid, practical advice in many areas, including the following:
- Business Structure, Formation, and Maintenance – Ensuring that your business is structured and set up properly, right from the beginning, will save you both time and money in the long run. We sit down with clients to understand their goals and to help determine the best business structure. We establish and organize provincial and federal corporations, partnerships, joint ventures, and professional corporations. We also help our clients stay on top of all legal record keeping and meeting requirements on an annual basis.
- Corporate Changes & Reorganizations – As part of your business advisory team, we will help you navigate the evolution of your business. We work closely with our clients’ financial and tax advisors to structure and implement each new stage of business progression.
- Business Acquisitions & Sales – Whether you are interested in selling or purchasing shares or assets, we will work with you from the earliest stages of negotiation of the transaction right through to the closing of the deal.
- Franchising – One of only a handful of firms in Durham Region versed in this area of law, we offer services to both franchisees and franchisors.
- Commercial Agreements – Most businesses will enter into commercial agreements at some point in their life cycle. We have reviewed and drafted many different types of commercial agreements over the past twenty years.
- Commercial Financing – We have experience representing a variety of clients in commercial financings, including individual and corporate borrowers, banks, trust companies, mortgage corporations and credit unions, and have acted on financings ranging from the small to the complex, as well as unusual situations (including aircraft and perishable inventory financings).
- Commercial Leasing – We act for both landlords and tenants with respect to the leasing of commercial property in Durham Region and the surrounding areas.
- Trademarks & Copyright - Our firm is a Registered Trademark Agent with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office. We provide services to our clients in the areas of Canadian Trademarks and Canadian Copyrights